Friday, November 28, 2008

Family Friday






How was your Thanksgiving? Did you spend it with family? Was it peaceful and relaxing? Or was it edgy and full of irritating disfunction? We all have a little mix in our families don't we?

This year was different for us. We usually have Thanksgiving at my mom's dad's - Pappap Carl. But, he's recently started chemo for lymphoma and no one wanted to put the burden of a large dinner on him. I must admit, he looked fabulous though! That was
comforting. I love that man!

Anyhow, my Aunt Carol, my mom's oldest sister had dinner at her house. It was very nice. I missed my parents - They went to Houston to see my brother and his wife for the week. But my aunt was really sweet. She bought coloring books and crayons for the kids, set out special Thanksgiving plates for them, and made them hot chocolate with marshmallows. Why is it that when someone accepts your family, it really means so much? I was thankful for my aunt today. Dinner was fabulous. I seriously loved eating everything that was there...even the 3 pieces of pie I ate.

Well, I got caught up in helping do dishes and such and forgot to take any pictures. I guess, better late than never - I got a bunch of good ones at the end of the evening...But I'm not posting them all here - most of them are on facebook. You can see them there if you're my friend. I love taking pictures so I can remember things years from now!

Hannah was such a good girl in her cute little purple dress. What a sweetie. Matt does such a great job taking care of her. He's such an incredible daddy and a huge blessing to me.

Thanksgiving was uneventful, but probably one of the better Thanksgivings! I'm thankful for my wacky family; that my daughter will have the same happy memories I have from a kid...

And who the heck doesn't love stuffing?

I hope you were blessed with some family time yesterday. You might as well embrace it! Take some time today to reflect on the good times you've had with your family and smile to yourself knowing that we are all blessed in this uncertain life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts