Saturday, November 29, 2008

Scrumptious Saturday

Broccoli.

Yum!

What, you don't like it?? Ok ok, hear me out before you start deleting my posts for putting broccoli in the Scrumptious Saturday category. This recipe is tried and true. My 3 year old loves it (and as fought me on broccoli cooked other ways), my husband loves it, my friends love it - This simple recipe is spreading like wild fire!! Try it just once, if you don't love it - you can never read a Scrumptious Saturday post again - but you  have to read all the other days!

Ok, get out your pen and paper, this is a long one...

Ingredients:
Fresh broccoli (stems cut away leaving only the florets - or just a small stem)
Olive Oil (I've used Canola Oil and it tastes just as fabulous)
Salt
Garlic/Garlic Powder

Toss all ingredients together on a cookie sheet. Layout broccoli in single layer. I never measure amounts. Just put as much as you like!

Cook in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the florets are tender and begin to brown on the edges.

Remove from oven and eat.

This recipe is SO delicious even though it's so simple. I guarantee you've never had broccoli roasted like this before. You're family won't want it any other way after this. It has a nutty/sweet flavor that you just can't get from steaming. You can also try this recipe with cauliflower and brussels sprouts although I haven't tried it yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts