Monday, November 24, 2008

Tips and Hints Tuesday

Today's Tips and Hints Tuesday revolves around an easy way to spruce up the oh so common brownie :)  (It should be in Scrumptious Saturdays but I've messed with my themes and it works just fine here!)

For some people it's coffee, for me, CHOCOLATE. It gets me through my day. Frightfully, while keeping a food journal recently, I realized I usually need chocolate 3 times a day!!! That's like having dessert after each MEAL!! Eek. 

Anyhow, what goes better with chocolate than PEANUT BUTTER? If you can handle the richness and sweetness that will leave you in a sugar induced coma for an unspecified amount of time, whip up this batch of peanut butter icing for your 9x13 tray of brownies, cookies, fruit, chicken---ok, no chicken :)

The other day, my husband promised to clean up after dinner AND buy and make brownies if I made made my peanut butter icing. Yes, this recipe holds THAT much weight. And, it's super easy!

FLUFFY PEANUT BUTTER ICING

beat together with an electric mixer
1/3 c. butter softened
1/2 c. peanut butter

beat in alternating sugar and milk (adjust milk to the texture you like!)
1.5 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. milk

You'll have extra to eat with a spoon whenever you need a jolt! YUM! My family loves this recipe! Let me know what you think if you make it!

Oh, and as a p.s. - I don't post the nutritional value of this recipe for a reason :) but the feel- good factor outweighs the health hazards! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like chocolate and peanut butter in my humble opinion. Thanks for the recipe for peanut butter icing!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts