Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wellness Wednesday

Well, it's no secret to those that know me that I'm on A TON of meds for chronic illness - Pauci-articular Junior Inflammatory Arthritis which causes uveitis and high intraocular pressure. SAY WHAT you ask? It's a mess. But, I've recently started to take supplements religiously for probably about the last 3 weeks or so. And guess what, it seems to be working!

Along with the 15mg of chemotherapy pills I take each week and a diuretic AND eye drops to keep my pressure down (which is SIGNIFICANTLY LESS than I was taking at this time last year) I have begun taking vitamins that are thought to reduce inflammation...since that's what seems to be my problem all around (joints, eyes, stomach etc).

I take:
2000mg of Fish Oil each day
2 Eye Health Vitamins 
4 Acidophilus Supplements

I've heard something called serraflazyme is also good for eye inflammation, but I can't find it anywhere!

After taking them for a while, my stomach feels much better, my eyes are very slightly better, I have more energy, those 2 extra pounds came off...AND  -  I'M MORE PLEASANT. 

Although I try to eat well, there is no way I can get all nutrients I need from food.

If you're feeling crappy, don't settle for a doctor shoving prescriptions down your throat. While I honestly believe that sometimes you NEED TO TAKE YOUR MEDICINE -doctor's aren't stupid, maybe there's some truth to the "an apple a day..." message. 

Take a look at what's ailing you and do your own research. Vitamins don't have to be expensive; they're just a pain to swallow every day! And, some of those fish oil pills are the size of my fist!! Nonetheless, I feel a difference and the benefits are far outweighing the hassle. It's worth a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts