Monday, December 1, 2008

Money Monday

Uh-oh is all I have to say. My friends and family tease us because we have no cable, no landline, no internet, one 8 year old vehicle, no clothing budget, we don't eat out, have a very small grocery bill, and keep our thermostat set at 60 in the winter. I'm CHEAP!!

We've done pretty stinking well so far. I can't complain...and I haven't - until TODAY.

You've all heard the commercials about how the last 2 people on earth who have rabbit ears on their tv (us being one of them) need those digital boxes so their tv will work. Well we got those a way long time ago - haven't really used them.

Tonight we hooked them up...The sad news? We get one channel on each tv. With our rabbit ears we normally get 5-7 channels on each tv and we've done just fine with that these first 6 years of our marriage.

So, can I just say WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

We still aren't getting cable. We just paid off Matt's last school loan and I'm more anxious than ever to be debt free. We begin attacking my school loan this month and hope to pay that sucker off by next September.

I refuse to let this recession hold me back...but I will continue to complain about the tv. I'm gonna be so addicted to cable when we get it!!

What have you had to sacrifice, if anything because of these tough economic times?

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you'll get more channels when the stations change over. You should AT LEAST get the 5-7 channels you had before...just watch movies for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right!! Thanks for the hope!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts