Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tips and Hints Tuesday

Does cleaning with bleach products ever freak you out?

It doesn't really scare me, but I don't like to clean my kitchen counters and dining room table with it. I just feel as if my kids picks up a piece of food from there and eats it, she's eating poison. Maybe a little dramatic, I know. But, nonetheless, I've heard that bleach can seep into the plastic of baby bottles and plastic containers, so sometimes I think about it. Dogs have died from licking a kitchen floor cleaned with Lysol, because it tastes sweet.

Enter - PEROXIDE! It's the cheapest thing on the market and it kills bacteria! Hospitals use it because bleach fumes are so toxic. It's also good for the environment. So I went and bought two HUGE bottles at Sam's Club for $1.38. Cheap as dirt (no pun intended!) 

Do I still use Lysol and Bleach. Yeah. I do. But, I'm much more cautious about where.

Use peroxide where your family will be eating. It's just plain safer.

Oh and also! You know how funky your shower curtain liner gets??? Well spray it with peroxide and wipe. It's bubbles up (for your entertainment) and stays clean MUCH MUCH longer!

So save money, rid yourself of harmful chemicals AND toxic fumes. You can relax knowing that's one less thing you need to worry about!

One word of caution: be careful where you spray...It MAY lighten some fabrics when used in larger quantities.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I really try to stay away from chemicals in my house too. I have found that I like to do my bathroom in bleach and water but I use a lot of white vinegar and water as well and it too is dirt cheap. I will have to try to perioxide - I am intrigued! Thanks for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the bathroom needs bleach I think! Vinegar ROCKs too!! It even got WALLPAPER glue off the walls!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts