Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wellness Wednesday

Exercise - I'll never like it. I've really been enjoying doing workout videos though - as much as you can enjoy them. 

Since I have been on this diuretic, I have no breath or endurance. So I stopped. I was doing really well for a while. I need to get back in the game. I am now reduced to just a small amount of diuretic a day and I'm packing on holiday pounds - so I have no excuse!

Today it's really hard writing about wellness, since my sister had me over yesterday and made all kinds of wonderful AMAZING food, and I sat on my butt all day and scrap booked! High calories and no movement make for a not very "Well Wednesday!"

The way to get started, is to just get up and do it. But, don't push too hard. You need to accomplish small goals to keep you motivated to accomplish more. When you begin by insisting you need to do an hour of cardio - you're setting yourself up for failure and a lot of pulled muscles. That alone will guarantee that you won't want to continue the next day!

Start with 15 minutes. There are 20 minute pilates videos and also 20 minute cardio videos. Or, take your kids for a walk. Heck, run up and down the stairs for a few minutes. Do what you feel comfortable with and only begin pushing a little harder when your body can handle the minimum. Don't beat yourself when you miss a day, just get up and do it the next morning.

My mom will turn 50 in 2009. She, for the first time in her life has begun exercising every day on an elliptical machine and lifting weights. I can't believe how amazing she looks! Her entire body shape has changed. She started with 15 minutes a day and now can do a FULL HOUR on the elliptical. I couldn't do it! I'm so proud of her. She's in the best shape of her life. That's how I want to be!! What an inspiration.

So,  my mom is showing me up. I have some work to do!! Get up and do it - you'll feel SO good when you're done...I'm in too! I'm gonna exercise TODAY!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta be honest...I didn't exercise! :( BUT - I DID take Hannah to the park and climbed around with her. That's GOTTA count for something!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts