Friday, January 23, 2009

Family Friday



I'm glad it's the weekend.

After a crazy last weekend, I enjoyed taking yesterday off and hanging with Hannah all day. You can just tell a HUGE difference when she has more of my attention. It's just so important to me, that my daughter knows that she can have my undivided attention when she needs it. 

Lately, I have been failing miserably at that. After I can home from Winter Retreat, her behavior was atrocious. I think Matt was going to lose it if I stayed away one more day!

So I feel like we're finally getting back into a routine. We just hung out all day yesterday. Went shopping, exercised, played, ate together...she just had all of my attention and it's amazing how much more pleasant we both were. And how nice for Matt to come home and have all calm and well. Very nice.

Tonight I think we're going to use a gift card to go out to eat and then go to the Praise and Worship Encounter (although I think they're calling it something different now - "Light" maybe?) Anyway, it's at the Mills at 7pm tonight and I think it'll be an awesome way to spend an evening together. I like my family - and we definitely don't get to spend enough time together - even though we're all much happier when we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts