Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scrumptious Saturday - Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs




Hi Everyone,

Here's a lowfat recipe that's very yummy served with rice and roasted broccoli!

I LOVE the site recipezarr.com (thanks to my lovely sister Shari.)

It has ratings up to 5 stars and people's comments about the recipes. Based on that info, I've not made anything from the site that we didn't like. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey or ground turkey breast
1 large carrot shredded (I love when you can sneak in extra veggies!)
1 egg beaten (I omit this  - because the meat is wet enough without it)
1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
1 c. plain bread crumbs
vegetable oil - for spraying

Combine ingredients, roll 1 inch balls on place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

Place in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, turning meatballs once. THEY WILL BURN on the bottom if you don't turn them.

Service with extra teriyaki sauce. Yummy and simple! Just how I like it!

Also: The nutrition info is based on ground turkey breast. I just use regular ground turkey, so I'm sure the fat content is higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts