Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Matt


Ok, I know that everyone is thankful for their families, but today's Thankful Thursday is dedicated to the most amazing husband ever.

First off - he's married to ME. Doesn't he deserve a medal just for THAT?

I don't know how he does it, but he's just so amazing. He comes home from work and immediately takes over with Hannah or comes in to help me with dinner - or both. He doesn't sit down on the couch and turn on the TV like most men - but maybe that's because we don't have cable. :)

He lets me think I have control over things - even though - when he puts his foot down, he's in charge.

He lets me relax. Whenever I need a break he's there to give me one - even if he's exhausted, his back hurts, he has a headache, and work was crazy. Matt puts everyone else above himself - even when I had to wear his boxers when I was pregnant - he sacrificed his underwear. Haha.

Honestly, Matt helps me to see who Jesus really is because I think Matt embodies the Christ-like qualities we're all supposed to have so others can see Jesus in us. He makes it so much easier to see Jesus by who he is...Even when I see him pick up his Bible at night and I really don't feel like reading, but he's picked up his so I have to read mine. He's an amazing example.

Words are cheap and don't begin to explain how I feel about this man. I don't know why he loves me or why he chooses to take care of me like he does, but I'm so thankful for him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts