Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - The Nutritionist

Well, yesterday I went to the nutritionist and lots of you have been asking about the results.

I still have to go back and chat with her about the "plan" she wants to start me on, but I'll tell you what I DO know.

I'm healthy. 

Surprised? 

I was. I was expecting horrendous results.

My body fat levels are healthy.

My cellular health is healthy.

My hydration levels...healthy.

Heart rate variability...healthy.

I will tell you...the tests for the above results were fabulous. I got to lay on a nice bed with nice music, candles lining the walls, perfect silence...Ahhhh!

Now, the muscle testing showed weakness in...SURPRISE! - MY EYES!

...and also my small intestines and my spleen (which is the deepest part of your immune system). This is not surprising since I have an autoimmune disease and my immune system is not functioning properly.

I tested negative for EVERYTHING else - which was shocking. Most people with autoimmune diseases have yeast in their system. I did not test for it. In fact - they had to use a magnet to magnify everything because I wasn't testing positive for anything - and I'm obviously a mess, right? 

Finally I tested for bacteria.

I'm just getting over a stomach bug, so this could be from that, or it could be old and feeding my autoimmune disease. We'll see with time.

My chemo drugs are basically a non-steroid - steroid - and steroids can often mask over problems giving a false result. Not sure why. Also, I was briefly told that issues can show up in layers - so once they get rid of the bacteria, I may show positive for something else.

All in all, I'm pretty health, which was comforting and discouraging. I'm glad that it's obvious that I'm taking care of myself and that maybe I am doing so well because everything else is so strong...Discouraging, because if there's nothing to fix, how will I get better?? I have a lot of questions right now that should be answered soon.

I have another appointment for the official results and plan on Monday. I was supposed to go today but the snow inhibited that. The doctor only talks to you for a couple minutes after the testing. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you for caring.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa... good to know you're starting to get answers. I totally agree that as you deal with one issue... that others seem to appear... sort of like peeling back the layers of an onion. ;-) Love ya!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa
    Glad to hear you had a good time with this. I hope that this provides the much needed answers for you and some guidance as to the next step.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts