Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wellness Wednesday

Ugh - I'm so trying to take off those extra holiday pounds.

I'm allowing myself 1 sweet a day...a cookie or something.

Today I was tempted and I failed. Grr. Someone brought Italian Cream Cake into the church. That's my weakness - and I'm oh so weak. Then I made the mistake of looking at the nutrition info AFTER I ate it.

1 slice
450 Calories
35 grams of fat
15 grams of saturated fat
1 gram of transfat
47 carbs

Ick...I felt awful...and now I have not try not to eat anymore sweets today!! It was SOO good.

So, to everyone who has a new year's resolution to lose 50 pounds by February 2, give yourself a break. Change one little thing at a time. It's a lot easier. If I woke up this morning and decided to stop eating all sweets I would fail the first 10 minutes (i.e. see the aforementioned story). But, knowing that I can have one sweet a day, at least for now, I can manage.

Oh and on the topic of "wellness" I just wanted to acknowledge it can be hard to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. Emotionally we can all feel down. So, make sure you do some stuff for yourself to make you happy...

Well...I just heard a 3 year old yell to me "Mom! You have to start making dinner." So, I guess it's that time :) Back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts