Saturday, February 7, 2009

Family Friday/Scrumptious Saturday

Gosh, can I just tell you, I'm in such a good mood lately? I don't know if it's the supplements giving me some energy back, or exercising, or the extra fish oil, or maybe just God's grace but I'm just LOVING LIFE!

I gotta give a shout out to my dad for working his magic and getting me something for free at the Mac store and saving me $200 yesterday. Woot! Woot! Dad you rock!

Anyhow, I didn't write Family Friday yesterday because I was spending time with my family! Good excuse right? And now, Hannah is vying for my attention as we speak. She wants to play with her sign language flash cards. I'd also like to add that we've been practicing cutting with scissors and coloring inside the lines and I am AMAZED at the progress in 2 days!! Go Han!

Last night we went to Cici's pizza where, if I have a coupon, the three of us can eat for a total of $6. I know, right? Then we bought a baby shower gift for a friend and let Hannah play at Mister Roger's Neighborhood at Monroeville Mall. It was so cute. She didn't realize we were watching her as she climbed to the top of the bridge, reached her little arm down, and tried to pull up the boy who was struggling to climb. He, of course, was pulling her down with his weight, and she grabbed the side to keep her balance and help her new little friend. I know she's just three, but I just beam with pride when I see her loving on other people and being helpful. I hope that little spirit in her just continues to grow in that way.

I guess you want a recipe now? Maybe you don't. I don't think anyone ever uses my Scrumptious Saturday recipes, but I have a good feeling my blog will be famous one day. Ha! A girl can dream, right?

I'm posting a link for a recipe for homemade peanut butter granola. With everyone struggling to lower their grocery bills in a rough economy, it's necessary to start cooking from scratch. Convenience foods will kill your budget! This recipe is great with or without milk and so easy, you'll wonder why you keep buying it. There's also another recipe at the site for granola bars - although I've yet to try it.

I've sent you here  before, for bread...so make fun of me again if you must, but enjoy your granola! Go here for the delicious cereal recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah sounds really cute!
    And the peenut butter sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts