Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spiritual Sunday - Healing

Well, I went to two doctors last Thursday - one for some lumps (which don't seem to be a big deal -ultrasound on Monday.) And, the other for my irritated eye. Something has been weird about it. When I go outside, I can't see right out of my right eye. It's like...filmy. 

After going to the doctor - my eyes are doing REALLY well in terms the iritis. My pressure is lower than it has been EVER without being on the Diamox - that's awesome. BUT - my cataract has grown. GRR...that's the filmy vision and light sensitivity cause. SO DEPRESSING. I pray that the cataract stops growing. My doc won't operate at this point because I'm at too high of a risk for complications.

So, I can't help but think about healing. I'm grateful that I felt encouraged by God to take better care of myself at the beginning of this year. The nutritionist really seems to have made a difference already...but what does God say about healing? I decided to take a look, and what He spoke to me kind of took me aback a bit. We all have a burden we'd like God to take away. A thorn for Him to remove from our flesh...but what does He SAY about it?

Proverbs 3:7-9 Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.

Proverbs 4:20-23 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them and healing to their whole body.

Proverbs 12:18 Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.

Proverbs 13:17 An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble, but a reliable messenger brings healing.

Proverbs 15:4 The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.


I guess after reading these versus, what God is trying to tell me seems obvious, but maybe he's just trying to hit ME over the head with something. All of these versus seem to give healing to those who have pleasant and kind words who hear and obey the Lord and aren't too cocky. Uhmm...yeah. I guess I have a lot of work to do.

Do I think if I master the above verses I'm guaranteed healing of this body? Not necessarily. Is that the only reason I'm going to attempt to work on these areas that I so OBVIOUSLY lack in? No. I'm going to try to pay attention to these areas of my life, because if God is using my illness to try to tell me he wants me to be different, then I'm going to accept that and try my best to be what He wants me to be. He's given me so much. He's blessed me with more than I could have ever imagined and I am unworthy of everything He has given me. At the VERY LEAST I can try to be just a little better, to hear him just a little more clearly, and to be used as He wills for me. It's worth it...It's just easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts