Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Take a Nap Tuesday

A shout-out to Matt for giving me the title for Tuesday's Tip

I am not a nap taker. I have no idea how someone can just lay down in the middle of the day, close their eyes, stop thinking about all that needs done and go to sleep. What in the world?

Also, the term "cat nap" ticks me off. I just can not comprehend how someone can lay down for a 15 minute nap (it takes me AT LEAST that long to fall asleep) and then spring up as if they've just slept for 8 hours. It's all rubbish and it annoys me.

That said - I took a FABULOUS two and a half hour nap today with my sweet little girl. I knew it was going to happen at the beginning of the day. For me to take a nap, all of the specifics have to fall in place. I had a headache after hurting my neck exercising (I do neck squats - ask if you're interested.) I'm also physically and emotionally drained. Sometimes I just feel like there's nothing left. A nap was just absolutely necessary. So we watched a movie and went to sleep. I always have the hardest time waking up from a nap, too. I'm just not a good napper. But it felt good; and although I'm still tired, I have a much better attitude.

So, squeeze in a nap today. Take some time to recharge your body with a little daytime sleep. But, don't sleep too long, because before you know it, it's 1am and you're wishing you hadn't taken such a long nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts