Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - Update

Well, I'm feeling REALLY GREAT in general health terms!

I can't WAIT to go back to my eye doctor to see how my eyes are doing.

I've been on the supplements from the nutritionist for about one week. My stomach is doing awesome, I feel great, have more energy and most importantly, my eyes feel AWESOME.

When my eye pressure goes up, my eyes do this "blackout" thing. My vision will go and reappear when I stand up...but the worse my pressure is, the longer and more sensitive the blackout is - meaning, it happens just by turning my head. It's scary and discouraging and I hate it.

My eye doctor just took me off the last bit of diuretic I was taking because my pressure has been doing ok, although I had two episodes between visits. Well, after he took me off of that particular medicine I was having blackouts every day. 

Well...drum roll please...I haven't had one since I started the supplements!!!!!!! This is AMAZING! I don't know if it's the vitamin she gave me to strengthen my eyes, or the stuff she gave me to make my digestive system work better (since that's where your immune system is), the stuff to flush the bacteria out of your system, or the extra fish oil (which is a natural anti-inflammatory.)  Or maybe it's my "now God" moment beginning. Go here for the details on that.

I'm just so excited. I really felt God telling me I needed to take care of myself for not only my well-being, but for the well-being of those I love. My husband and daughter can only be at their best if I'm at my best.

I can't more highly recommend Health Horizons in Oakmont. They've helped Hannah in a way no pediatrician did and now they're helping me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts