Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tips and Hints Tuesday - Eye Makeup

Since I quit wearing my contacts because of my eye issues, I almost NEVER wear eye makeup.

But, when I do - this is the best tip! 

I had some free samples of expensive eye makeup removers, but I kept wondering what chemicals I was putting practically INSIDE my eyes and it's SO expensive. I wouldn't buy it for myself on a regular basis.

Some of you might just let it wear off itself, scrub it with a wash cloth, or forego it altogether because of the hassle.

Well, here is ridiculously cheap and simple tip #1239506 for removing eye makeup.

VASALINE! You heard me right...good ole' petroleum  jelly.

Step 1: Dip clean finger in vasaline.
Step 2: close eyes
Step 3. smear vasaline over eyes lightly
Step 4: blindly fumble for a wad of toilet paper :) 
Step 5: wipe your eyes gently once or twice

Voila! It seriously gets all the gunk off AND you know it's safe! And you can get a giant generic tub for a BUCK! 

Enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to try this! Most eye makeup removers really irritate my eyes (can't imagine why), and lately I've just been leaving it on... But I feel like it's bad for my eyelashes/eyes. So, I'll be using this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use Vaseline for stage makeup, and it does work! I found another method though that isn't as greasy.... tearless Johnson's baby shampoo (or the generic)!!! It doesn't bother your eyes at all, and it's easy to clean off! And it smells soooo good :)

    ~Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts