Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tips and Hints Tuesday - Research Before You Buy


When I want something...I want it now. I don't like to research or look into things, I just want a new one today!

Well, when our vacuum when out a couple weeks ago, I was annoyed. In our journey to become debt free, we're on the last leg and I feel like I'm being nickel and dimed. Our $800 car bill, lots of gifts to buy, and a broken vacuum.

I'm by no means a vacuum expert (except for knowing that Dysons ROCK). I do not have enough money for top of the line, and I can't really live without a vacuum much longer. We borrowed my mom's Dyson a couple times and tried to fight through our broken vacuum smoking and smelling like it was burning our carpet fibers.

Well, you know once you use a Dyson, nothing else will do!

Nonetheless, I've been searching for vacuums, and oddly enough, most vacuums SUCK - and not in a good way. I was so disappointed. I'd find one that looked good, go research reviews and 90% of the people hated them.

We decided to use the money we usually put towards our car fund to pay for the vacuum so we didn't have to hit our snowball - and it looked like the winner was going to be the Eureka Smart Boss (not to be confused with the Boss Smart which has bags - no thanks). It was $139 and would leave us with some extra cash leftover.

THEN, I found a 3 year old Dyson on craigslist. A canister vac, but she accepted $135 and I was supposed to pick it up today before the loser retracted. 

So, my mom called and makes me an offer. I always end up on the good side of her offers. She'll give us birthday money early in order to make up the difference so we can get a DYSON!!!!

The temptation was too much and after a few, "No you don't have to do that." comments, I asked when she could meet me at the store! Ha. I love you mom!

So we were able to use a Bed Bath & Beyond 20% coupon and got $80 off the $400 vacuum. We decided to go with the Dyson Yellow instead of the smaller Dyson Ball for a number of reasons.

It's still in the trunk of my car because Hannah is sleeping and I can't use it :( But maybe I'll get it and post a picture...she's up and I made her take the picture which is why it's a little crooked, but still perfect!

So again, the tip is, research before you buy...and only get a Dyson Vacuum!

1 comment:

  1. this only really makes me hope that some financially well off friend of mine decides to bless me with a Dyson for our wedding gift! haha I'm aloud to day dream..right?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts