Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - Another Update

For those of you who are curious...here's another update on my journey to rid myself of my auto-immune disease. I have true faith in God here :) Thank you so much for all of your care and concerns. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I love all of you and appreciate the blessing you've been in my life. What a joy it is to have support and love.

I started the detox program last week on Thursday. By Sunday I was violently ill. I will spare you the details - unless I see you in person :) but I'll leave it at telling you I was in the worst pain of my life...we're talking comparable to child birth here.

I called the nutritionist Monday who told me to stop taking everything and come in! She didn't charge me for the appointment, but I did pay $35 for a bottle of flora (good bacteria). She told me to take those for the day and nothing else and then start easing the other supplements back in one by one so my body can adjust a little better. 

She said that she thinks this is a good thing. It's working. My body is really forcing out all of the stuff that's been hurting me for the last 18 years...No one said this would be fun.

I'm frustrated that I have to take things slower, but optimistic about the possibilities. I'm contemplating trying to stick it out, but the pain is just unmanageable. I need my mother's pain tolerance! We'll get there though. I know it.

Not gonna lie - Sunday night felt like I was living a scene from The Exorcist...haha.

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts