Monday, April 6, 2009

Money Monday - Coupons and other things

Ok, am I the only freak who spends MORE money with coupons?

I think it's because I become obsessed and CANNOT pass up a good deal. When I can get Matt's granola bars for $1.50 a box! On sale AND with a coupon!!! I just can't resist the urge to over-buy.

It's quite annoying actually.

It's April 6 and I have $50 left in my grocery budget! How am I going to manage THAT one? :) I'll figure it out, I'm sure.

I must say, I'm becoming quite discouraged on our debt free trek. I'm tired of it. We're coming up on 2 years and I now know why Dave Ramsey says to make it so that you're done in two years. It's because even the biggest freaks of the programs (i.e. myself) get tired after so long. I'm SO antsy!

I also, in the last couple weeks, have FINALLY switched everything over to Quicken. I know, right? I'm into all this money stuff and I've JUST signed on to bank online (or just view my account) AND put my finances on the computer. I still don't completely trust it, but I did recently balance and everything was very easy.

I've been very old fashioned. I REALLY like pen and paper! It's not going to get destroyed when I am clumsy with my computer! Which just reminded me to save a copy and email it to Matt haha. 

It is nice, I'm slowly getting used to it! The one thing I don't like is I'm constantly messing with my budget throughout the month and I don't love the set up. I have to keep going back and forth between two windows that I can't view at the same time. 

Other than that, I'm happy.

Matt has his first review on Wednesday at work. They like him there and he's doing a great job, so we're not worried. We won't find out about his raise and bonus until June, I think...tick tick tick. I'm counting the days!!!


Side note: DID MY FURNACE JUST KICK ON???????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts