Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Oh my.

Well, it's not even 7am yet and I have reasons to be thankful! 

I'm thankful, that for some unknown reason, my husband loves me and is a saint.

Last night was a crazy night, as always, with my favorite Junior High students. I got home late and had a phone call right before I pulled into the driveway.

I have this weird thing where I don't like to walk into the house on my phone. I feel like it's rude to my family, especially if I haven't seen Hannah all day. In this case I was supposed to kiss her goodnight as she was already in bed. I didn't want her to hear my voice and wonder why I wasn't coming to her...so I sat in the car.

Well, my purse spilled and I couldn't find my wallet - so I had to turn on the interior light...Get where I'm going??

So, this morning, my loving husband kisses me goodbye only to come back in two minutes later to tell me he has to open the garage. (It's loud and he doesn't like to wake Hannah up.) His battery died in his car.

I looked at him and asked if I left the lights on because I swore I turned them off....After he said it was the interior light I wanted to kick myself. I ALWAYS do that, but the battery never dies in my car from it.

I felt awful. 

I told him I'd come out and help (i.e. stand there watching and fearing the car is going to explode). Maybe that's why he told me to stay in bed, that it was okay.

He wasn't mad AT ALL. 

Of course, I had to go outside. I felt like a jerk. 

His car started right up and he was just as sweet as pie. THAT IS NOT NORMAL PEOPLE! 

I am the luckiest woman in the world. Why the HECK did he marry me? 

Must be my smokin' body. 


Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts