Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tips and Hints Tuesday - Shiatsu

Don't make fun.

I'm learning a little about shiatsu massage. I stumbled upon it because you can actually learn what pressure points can help you with your ailments.

Like constipation...haha. I'm an open book people, but we've all been there.

Straining.

Concentrating.

Metamucil

Miralax

Citrucel

Fiber One

Dude, don't tell me the industries aren't thriving. PEOPLE AREN'T POOPING!

Anyhow, I can't re-find the video of this I was watching so I'm going to have to TRY to explain it.

It works. It's worked on me twice. Every time I do it, I'm in the bathroom in less than an hour. This is not going to give you diarrhea, it's going to help you go.

Straighten out your arm.

Look at where it bends, on the inside. Put your thumb at the top of that crease and massage for a couple of minutes. Do the same to the other arm.

The second pressure point:

Put your thumb on the back of your hand between your pinky and ring fingers. Slide your thumb up your arm and stop about 3 or 4 inches past where your wrist bends (on the back of your arm). Massage for a couple minutes. Do the same with the other arm.

It's a natural way to get things flowing. If you're brave, let me know if it works for you.

There you go, a blog on my favorite subject: poop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts