Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wellness Wednesday/Thankful Thursday

The two days can go together this week, because what I'm thankful about deals with my health and wellness. 

I went to the rheumatologist today. I wasn't expecting much. He only prescribes my chemo and not much else. 

I was prepared to get firm and be very blunt with how I'm feeling and how badly I want to get off the chemo.

Well, I didn't have to! After sitting and talking about how well I'm progressing, he said I can take one less pill a week. I currently take 6 pills every Friday. I will now take 5 pills on Fridays until I see the eye doc in July. Then, if everything is still ok we'll reduce some more. 

As long as things go as planned and I have no flare ups - I should be done by November - 2 years later.

It's funny because, at the beginning of the year, I said - I want to start inching off of the chemo in May. Well - I take my pills on Fridays and tomorrow is May 1!

There are fears that creep in my mind...what ifs...but this is the home stretch. I was fighting back tears in the doctor's office because the light at the end of the tunnel is becoming visible!

Of course, my right eye is insanely itchy today...which I'm guessing is allergies (it's not a symptom that I've ever had for anything serious.) I still get scared. FAITH! Gotta push that stuff out of my mind!

Psalm 30:2 Oh Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Psalm 103:2 Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.

Please continue to pray for my healing. Thank you all who have been such a blessing to me. Your prayers are working. God hears. I pray his blessings on each one of you as you all run through my mind right now - all of you who have loved me and prayed, and cared for me through this. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, that's wonderful to hear! We'll keep praying for your continued healing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa I have tears of joy for you coming down my face! I knew this would be - it's meant to be. You have been living the Fruit of the Spirit; Patience, Faithfulness. Even when your pressure would go up you had joy in your faith that it would be temporary. God will continually bless you and your faith in his healing.
    Ok, I am totally done with the whole soap box thing - I am just sooooo happy for you!!!!
    Praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts