Friday, June 19, 2009

Family Friday

Do you take your family for granted?

I like to think that I don't but when I sit and think deeply about it, often, I put my own desires ahead of theirs. I'm the ultimate selfish person.

The last few days I've been thinking about this, and this morning, as we bury Krissy - her family devastated - I can't even try to empathize. It would cause me to reach into a depth of myself that I just can make myself go to.

I've been kind of surprised at my lack of emotion - or lack of outward emotion you could say. But, when I think about the tragedy of it all, losing a young mother, I just can't go there.

I think I'll hug my family a little tighter today. Play a little harder. You should do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Always hug your family...I sat here and thought about Krissy's family (even though I dont know them) and knew just exactly how they felt...But Know that God has a way of trying to make things easier...and he did that for Krissy...no pain...and everyone is selfish in their own way, I hope all of you comfort Krissy's family for years and years, not just today...they will need it forever!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts