Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for my life and health. That sounds funny doesn't it? My health has been a mess and I'm thankful for it?

Well - throughout my life and my disease, God has protected me. Through all the fears and ups and downs, he's allowed me to retain my vision (literally and figuratively) and has kept me moving. 

Even on the days when I first started the chemo and wanted to vomit, he kept me going. 

The days where my eye pressure was so high there were flashes every time I blinked, he kept me going.

When I was on 1500 milligrams of a diuretic, felt tingling in every part of my body, was dehydrated, weak and losing weight, he kept me going.

When the doctor told me I was going to need risky surgery to reduce the pressure, God protected me from fear AND kept me from the surgery.

When the doctor's told me not to be around people because my immune system was compromised, God kept me healthy.

When they reduced my chemo, God was there.

And now - as my health begins to return to me, I'm at a crossroads in life where I don't know what the future holds. I trust him, and I'm thankful that he loves me and has blessed me with more than I could ever dream up as a teenager laying in bed wondering what my life would bring. 

Thank you God for the blessings you give. 

"You give and take away - but my heart will choose to say blessed be your name."

My prayers are with the Stumpf family today as God has chosen to "take away" Krissy to be with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts