A SUGAR addict.
I can't help it. I have a sweet tooth - and I'm not too picky, though I have a taste for the finer chocolate.
Fudgie Wudgie Fudge
Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard Ice Cream Cake
Dark Chocolate Truffle Blizzards
And NEWLY - these gourmet chocolate mints that I had a recent wedding....
When, a few months ago, I began to write down everything I was eating, I came to see that I needed to have candy or chocolate at least 3 times day! EMBARRASSING!
I started to try to cut it back to 1 time a day, but slowly, I've gotten back into the bad habit of eating boxes of candy! I really can tell a difference with my eye health and overall health when I torture my body this way.
I began searching the harmful effects of sugar. I mean, come on, we all know it's poison.
Here's what I came up with.
1. Sugar suppresses your immune system by depleting all of the vitamins you put into your body. (Fantastic for someone like me who's immune system already doesn't function properly)
2. Sugar FEEDS cancer (specifically breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, lung, gallbladder and stomach - to name a few). I heard once that people who have cancer are sometimes given a sugar solution to locate where the cancer is because the solution travels DIRECTLY to cancer cells. Nice huh?
3. Sugar causes cavities (no brainer there!)
4. Sugar is the main cause of diabetes.
5. Sugar makes you F-A-T! (another no brainer) Sugar has no nutrients, only calories.
6. Sugar makes you anxious. One of the first things you'll be told if you are diagnosed with anxiety - is to ELIMINATE SUGAR! (Why do I love sugar so? - you'd think the thought of less anxiety would be enough encouragement to quit)
7. Sugar makes your body old - because it drains you of all the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy!
...is there a patch for sugar addicts?
So far, I've found ONE semi-helpful hint for this - If I load up on FRUIT BEFORE I crave sugar - I find myself craving less.
Does anyone else have any solutions to this devastating problem??