Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday!!


I'm writing this on Sunday night July 5 - so hopefully it's not outdated when I say:

I'M THANKFUL THAT THE FIREWORKS TENT IS OVER! 

As much as I loved hanging out and being around students, it's hard work, and that tops the list today!

But seriously, I must say, I'm thankful that, so far, my 3 year old doesn't hold grudges. Sometimes I'm just a crappy parent. I snap at her and yell at her and feel like garbage. 

Matt and I were at Max and Erma's on Sunday and there was a father who was walking behind his kid (maybe 8 years old?) and all you could hear was the father yelling "GET MOVING SMART A**" as he shoves his kid into the street. 

I looked at Matt and told him I get down on myself when I occasionally find myself parenting in a way that is condescending and not in a way that is teaching my child how to be the best she can be. This type of parenting comes when I'm exhausted, lax on consistency, and not engaging my child enough in a positive way.

When I look at parents who take it to the level this father did, it makes me want to vomit.

Anyhow, on these days when I feel like this, I sit down with my little munchkin and tell her I'm sorry for not being nice and for being too hard on her. Inevitably every time she gives me a hug and tells me she loves me. THAT's unconditional love.


Hannah has been loving to play with her Bitty Baby lately. She loves to dress up exactly the same as her doll! Notice they're even both wearing pink stretch pants.

She often turns on baby lullaby music on the stereo in the play room and rocks her baby as I still do with her! She'll be quiet for a while and this is what I see when I go to check on her!
I'm thankful for this little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts