Monday, August 3, 2009

Money Monday - Menu Planning/Sappy Stuff

I've been so excited to go grocery shopping. My first shop as a debt free person!

I've raised our grocery budget from $200 per month to $250 per month.

I've also started planning meals ahead of time. It really saves you money. Here's why.

1. You're not running out for fast food because you haven't planned ahead.
2. You know exactly what you need at the grocery store and aren't just grabbing at random ingredients you MIGHT need.
3. When you plan ahead you can search for printable coupons.

As for number three - I went online to product websites and actually found $1.50 off coupons for Kashi cereal and 50 cent coupons for Hannah's almond milk. I also need Arm & Hammer Laundry Soap. It's on sale at Shop 'n Save this week AND I found a coupon online.

That's $6 saved JUST on those things I NEED every time I shop. 

It's a good (but somewhat time consuming idea) to compare sales adds with coupons and what groceries you need. It'll save you a BUNDLE!

On a sappy note:

Also, seven years ago today I married the LOVE OF MY LIFE! I'm sorry I don't have a better picture. We got married before the digital age. AM I THAT OLD? I don't have a scanner, so I took a picture of a picture. I guess it's better than nothing. 

As a teenager I used to lay in my bed and dream about my wedding, who I'd marry, having kids and all things related to that stuff. EVERY NIGHT I'd fall asleep wondering what my life would be like as a grown up. I have to say - my beautiful family is better than ANYTHING I could have conjured up myself. It's almost magical. My life has God's hand all over it. 

Happy Anniversary Love!

1 comment:

Popular Posts