Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tips and Hints Tuesday - Set a Timer

As I sit here, it's just about 11pm. Matt's coming home from a business trip tomorrow (I'm writing this post in advance) and I need to clean the house.

Hannah threw up today (not really today - it'll be last week - your time) and I need to do barf laundry.

I don't feel like it.

Every night Matt's been gone, I put Hannah to bed and sit on my computer the rest of the night and watch TV. It's driving me nuts.

So I did what I always do when I need to get off my butt.

I set the stove timer for 20 minutes.

I told myself when the timer goes off I can sit back down. You'd be surprised how much you can get done in a short amount of time.

I quickly wiped down the bathroom, did the dishes, put them away, wiped the kitchen floor and started a load of laundry.

Feeling unmotivated. Get off your butt and set your timer for 10, 15, or 20 minutes. Promise yourself you can sit down after the timer goes off if you want. It's great motivation! I bet you won't even stop cleaning when the timer goes off!

1 comment:

  1. totally! I learned that from the Fly Lady. (www.flylady.com) and whenever I need to do something I dont want to do, I set my timer. Whether its cleaning, filling out thank you cards, organizing, or whatever I set my timer.

    I really need to start timimg my internet sessions. I can get lost on this thing for hours. Its so unproductive!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts