Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - Get Moving

Since we got cable I've been LOVING the On Demand exercise videos.

There is a HUGE variety!

I jumped on the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred bandwagon.

Whew! I'm amazed at how much a 30 minute workout can do!

I've been saying for a while that I get annoyed because I just don't have time to work out for a whole hour every single day. But I DO like to work out most days.

30 Day Shred is nice because it's short, but aggressive. It's not easy. I definitely noticed a difference in my shape after a few days.

It's made exercising more fun to switch it up every now and then.

I'm a firm believer that 10 minutes of stretching is better than nothing. It's just so important to get moving.

According to the Mayo Clinic, here are seven benefits of regular exercising.

1. It improves your mood. (I agree!)
2. It combats chronic diseases. (I can attest to this one too!)
3. Helps you manage your weight.
4. It boosts your energy level.
5. Promotes better sleep.
6. Benefits relationship with your spouse.
7. It can be FUN!

Give it a shot!

I'm even posting embarrassing pictures. This is how my husband tortures me as repayment for me trying to look good for him :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Han is getting in on the action too! What an appropriate post for the week - and thanks again for telling me about this. I'm going to try my darnedest to stick with it for at least 2 weeks. That way when I see how great I am doing I will keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts