Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wellness Wednesday

I feel emotionally  drained today. Who knows why. I know I'm tired, that's for sure.

My grandfather had his lung drained last week and felt so good! They managed to get 2 liters of fluid out of one lung! Today he's not feeling well and it appears that the lung has filled back up. He has started radiation treatments every day for the next 3 weeks to hopefully shrink the tumor behind his kidney and then they will start aggressive chemo. 

I just feel so terrible. It's a lot of stress to put on someone who's going to have his 81st birthday on Sunday! If you think of him, please pray for his comfort.

I'm also just ready for another baby I think. I always get teary eyed when I watch A Baby Story. I actually try not to watch it. But, yesterday during Hannah's nap I flipped it on and just cried the whole way through it! An ugly cry if you know what I mean. A little while later Hannah wakes up and in such a timely way asks me when I'm going to have a baby in my belly. You see, she's just as impatient for this as I am. I'm not this desperate "every time I see a baby I cry" type person at all, but every once in a while, my readiness to complete my family catches up with me.

On they way into work today I heard a song on the radio that Matt's uncle sang at his grandma's funeral. It always makes me teary eyed. We all miss her.

There are some other things weighing on me a little heavily today as well. Stuff I'm not going to write about. I guess we all have down days, and today is one of mine. 

I sure am glad my God is so big. He just takes me by the hand and guides me through this life. On good days and bad. On the upside, my eyes are doing well! I can't wait to stop this chemo!!''

In order to stay positive I included a picture of Hannah Banana very proudly defeating me just because it makes me laugh. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear sweet Melissa

    God has big plans for you my dear. You are so patient and such a good example of living a life that has purpose for God.
    Give yourself a hug for me and know that many are praying for you and your wish to enlarge your family.
    Stay faithful as I know you will and give Hannah Banana a hug for me.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your blogs Melissa, I really look forward to reading them. You are a women after Gods own heart. I am praying for you and your Grandfather. I hope you are doing better today.
    Dale Campalong

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts