Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spiritual Sunday, Patience

Ecc. 7:8 The end of a matter is better than its beginning and patience is better than pride.

Proverbs 14:29 A patient man has great understanding, but a quick tempered man displays folly.

Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.

Proverbs 16:32 Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

1 Cor. 13:4 LOVE IS PATIENT

Eph. 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

I'm feeling quite vulnerable at the moment and I've looked up these verses to encourage me. I don't know how to describe how I'm feeling right now except RAW.

I'm sure it's common to lack self-esteem sometimes and that's just how I'm feeling. I don't feel like a great parent right now, and I definitely feel that my lack of patience with my child is creating a whiny and combative attitude in her.

So, for all of you out there who are lacking patience, I'm sorry that I have nothing profound to say. God's word sums it up well. Read and be encouraged. Also, know you're not alone in your struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts