Friday, October 16, 2009

Family Friday - Double Favorites

Hannah is very excited to have a sibling someday. I might even say she's equally as excited as I am to have a new baby in this family (whenever that happens). She even likes to tell people that I'm going to have a baby...and when I tell her to stop telling people that, she'll hold up her hand at me and say "SOMEDAY MOM! SOMEDAY YOU WILL."

I'm always telling her she's my favorite. Which, most parents don't have kids as far apart as we will, so they don't get to dote all over their first born as long as I will. I even told her she was my favorite when she was an infant.

I remember rocking her in the chair in her room telling her, "You're my favorite, and when you get big and have a sibling, I'm going to have to say that they're my favorite too, but you'll always be my favorite. Just don't tell them."

I also like to tell her: "If there were a million little kids in a room and I got to pick anyone I wanted...I'd pick you every single time." She loves that one.

I smile on the inside when I think about this, because of two things. The first one being that I know I'll love my kids equally, but it's hard to fathom that right now. I won't be able to say those things anymore when I have two kids, but it's still sweet to think about.

Yesterday, after once again telling her she's my favorite, I had to bring it up. I said,  "Someday, you're going to have a little brother or sister. Are you going to be okay if mommy has TWO favorites?"

She looked up at me and without hesitation said, "Yep!"

I love that kid! She really is my favorite!

1 comment:

Popular Posts