Monday, October 26, 2009

Money Monday - Christmas shopping?

I keep hearing that people are done Christmas shopping and wrapping presents.

WHAT THE HECK?

I've picked up a very minor couple of things I suppose. Not totaling more than $15. I'm so bad at this. I don't budget for it until December, and them I'm running around trying to figure out what the heck I'm getting everyone.

I'm very seriously considering getting gift cards for everyone.

I'm tired of getting stressed out about Christmas. I thought we could lighten up a bit but my husband informed me that we can not. One more tight, sale-scouring Christmas - not that I'll go nuts next year...I just want to lighten up a bit.

So what do I recommend?

Even if you're not shopping, start sticking $10, $20 or $30 a week away for Christmas. Just put it in an envelope. You can get cash back when you grocery shop and add it to your grocery budget. You might not have ALL you need saved by December, but you will be poised if you find that perfect gift for someone, on sale. That's where I make my mistakes - I'm never poised for a good deal!

Do any of you have tips for Christmas shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts