Monday, October 12, 2009

Money Monday - generosity

First order of business: 
Does anyone know how to get discounted Disney tickets? If you have any suggestions, I'll take them.

Secondly, I'm thinking about generosity lately. I firmly believe that it's biblical to take care of your own debts before straining yourself to help others (aside from tithing of course). The Bible tells us we need to take care of our households. 

That said, I often wonder if I'm a generous person. We've never been in a fantastic position to help people out monetarily and there are things I want to do to help others out, but I fear that I've been so cheap for so long, what if I don't know how to give??

I'm usually generous with my time - if someone needs a sitter, a ride, a friend - I'm there. 

But sometimes I just have to wonder how generous I am. I would really like to think I'm a generous person with my money - but I guess I just need to do some soul searching.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, you really can't get discounted disney tickets. I'm sure people have, but it's risky. Sometimes you find them online, but I have heard of people getting burnt, so I would be wary.
    I know what you mean about being generous. I fell like I'm that way. I'm not adding an income, so it's tricky. But as you said, you are very generous with your life, and that is much more important. OH! I finally blogged!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts