Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scrumptious Saturday - Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I volunteered to help out with Hannah's Halloween party at her preschool. I was asked to do the snack. Actually, I was asked to make iced cupcakes in the shape of pumpkins or spiders.

I tried. I really did.

First of all, while I let Hannah have cupcakes now and then, I feel like it goes against who I am right now, to bring in an unhealthy snack the week after I asked the teacher if parents could start bringing in healthier snacks on school days.

So, I decided to go with a healthified pumpkin muffin. I tried to make the icing look like spider webs...FAIL.

I went with a dollop of icing with a candy corn on top, and I think they look pretty cute - and they tasted unbelievable!


26 muffins

Ingredients

Directions

  1. 1
    Mix first 5 ingredients together; separately, mix dry ingredients.
  2. 2
    Blend the two mixtures together, fold in chips.
  3. 3
    Generously fill 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
  4. 4
    Bake at 400 degrees F. for 16-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts