Saturday, October 24, 2009

Scrumptious Saturday - Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette

On this detox, I had to find a salad dressing that I'm allowed to eat that tasted good.

I'm a huge fan of Food Network and it's always on around here. Matt saw Tyler from Tyler's Ultimate making a roasted tomato vinaigrette and told me I should try it.

Boy am I glad he was paying attention because this dressing is one of the most delicious I've ever tasted. I've never made my own salad dressing before, but this will be a staple from now on. It actually tastes like a creamy dressing to me, but it's not.

If you don't like tomatoes don't write this one off. I'm not a fan of biting into a plain tomato either, but the combination of flavors in this dressing is just perfect!

One change I made: I can't have sugar on this detox, so I substituted Agave Necar. I also used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic.

Check out the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts