Saturday, October 17, 2009

Scrumptious Saturday - Spider Cookies/Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

Look how cute and easy these little spider cookies are for Halloween!!

I was going to make them for Hannah's halloween party, but I think I'm going to stick with a healthier pumpkin muffin instead. After emailing her teacher to request that parents bring in healthier snacks, I don't feel right bringing in junk food! I feel like this is a happy medium! Actually, if you're interested in that recipe, it's here. I'm going to use half wheat and half white flour, and honey instead of sugar (ratio of 3/4 honey to 1c sugar). I will probably use less of the chocolate chips too.

Just to be festive, I might stick a candy corn in the top of the cupcake.

Do you think I'm wrong??? The mom in charge of the party asked me to bring in large iced cupcakes in the shape of something for Halloween. I told her I'd figure out something...Hope she's not too mad :) It's only going to be 10am!!

1 comment:

  1. 10am + preschoolers + sugar = bad idea
    Its like these people I know who give their 3 yo grandchild coffee. Also not a good combo. I know this and I don't even have kids yet. LOL. The muffins sound yummy, might make some for Halloween myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts