Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - Detox Update

Well, as I'm writing this, I'm starting Day 2 of the detox. It's going pretty well. I thought I'd be worse with the diet restrictions, but I feel okay. I actually didn't miss my sugar yesterday at all. In fact, I can't tell you the last time I went a whole day without sugar.

I'm feeling great! I'm in a better mood than I've been in in months. But, I don't know how much I can attribute to the detox since I felt good the morning before I started it. The sun has been shining and that makes a huge difference for me.

I know one thing...Almond Butter is going to get me through this!

My sweet mother had dinner at her house on Sunday with all kinds of DELICIOUS foods, and she so kindly made my sister (who's detoxing too) and I foods we could eat like lentil soup, turkey chili, and quinoa tebuleh. That's a nice mom.

I think tonight for dinner we'll have some leftover chili with butternut squash "fries"....like healthy chili cheese fries (but mine won't have the cheese :) I got this idea from my friend Jackie. You can check out one of her blogs out here if you'd like.

For those of you who don't know (and have been hiding under a rock), I'm doing this detox to help flush the chemicals from the Methotrexate (chemo drug) I had been taking for the past two years. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts