Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wellness Wednesday - I am HEALTHY!



I'm on cloud nine (see above).

It seemed as though this day would never come.

I've  been off my chemo for over a month now.

Don't be surprised if you didn't know this. I didn't tell anyone until recently. I don't know why I chose to keep quiet. Probably because I was afraid things would get worse, but mostly because I knew I'd get yelled at because I didn't get the "official" okay from the rheumatologist to stop.

I've felt really great, but the last couple weeks weird things started happening. I thought it could be seasonal allergies, but in the back of my head, fear kept lurking...what if things are getting bad again?

My doctors appointments kept getting shuffled around and pushed back and this morning I thought...this is ridiculous. I haven't been to the doctor since JUNE. I should see him. So I called and got squeezed in with the post op appointments.

Well, I could tell the doctor was nervous because any time I come in unexpectedly because I think something is wrong, something is almost always wrong.

Boy, did I want to jump for joy (and so did he) when he said everything looked great.

Although this is not completely true, but the best way I can figure to describe it - I feel like 2 years ago, someone hit PAUSE on my life and today they hit PLAY again. So much has grown and happened in the past two years to make that statement silly, but there's a part of me that's been dead, that is now alive again - and it feels good.

I'm so thankful to God for being bigger than I am and having power beyond imagination. Thank you to all those who have prayed for me along this journey. Please continue to pray for good health.

I'm off to the nutritionist at 5:15pm today for a liver detox. Woot Woot!

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering about when baby number two will be coming...

Not for a while.

It's recommended that one waits about 6 months AFTER stopping the chemo to start trying for a baby. There's just too much risk for fetal abnormality and death. Some recommend waiting a year. I'll will be doing the liver detox and waiting at least six months. I will then get blood drawn to see if the medication is out of my system. I'm very anxious to complete my family, but I am patient. There's a lot I want to do in my house before the next little bundle comes along. I know it'll happen when the time is right. :)

Love to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO very happy for you right now Melissa! And you're so right. Your family will be completed in time, when it is right. Sometimes I think we all feel we need to hurry up and get it done, but there is a reason for everything that happens...even if it doesn't make sense at the time. This is what I keep reminding myself.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts