Monday, November 30, 2009

Money Monday - Ramblings

Did you go shopping on Black Friday?

We tend to shop on Black Friday EVENING after all the crazies (and awesome sales) are done for the day. I'm just not a huge fan of shopping. It's nice if I have money to spend and I like giving gifts, but I just never know what to get everyone. I'll walk around stores aimlessly analyzing everything I pick up...then I'll put it down, buy something else, and wish I would have bought the first thing. It's just too much stress for me.

I also feel like most of my family can buy what they want themselves in better quality than I can buy. Does that make sense??

Last rambling...greeting cards. I hate them. I like receiving them when they're from someone who can truly express themselves with one. There are some people who search for that perfect card when they can't find the words to say and I think that's awesome for sure... In fact, I have one from a friend on my fridge because I know it has meaning behind it...and it makes me laugh.

That said, I think they're a big fat waste of money. $4 for a CARD??? I usually make Hannah color a picture and write Happy Birthday on the bottom. Most of them get thrown in the garbage! Cards serve  purpose, but it annoys me that people feel and obligation to purchase cards that 9 times out of 10 will get tossed. If I have to buy a card for whatever reason - it's a 99 cent card and I'll write something sentimental in it if I'm so inclined. It's a waste of money and paper...so make one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts