Monday, November 23, 2009

Money Monday - Travel Shopping

As our vacation draws near I'm picking up things here and there that I'm hoping will save us money in the long run. I hope to pack some food items like Hannah's non perishable containers of almond milk.

We will have laundry facilities in our room. The hotel gives you enough detergent for one load but then you have to pay for more. I don't want to BUY laundry detergent down there because it's liquid and I don't want to have to carry it home.

So, for $5 I picked up a package of the Purex all-in-one detergent/softener/dryer sheets. There are 24 sheets in a package and you can throw a sheet into your washer and then transfer it to your dryer with your wet clothes. It's certainly more expensive than buying a large bottle of detergent, but it's convenient, efficient, and super easy and compact enough to throw into a suit case! And I believe it's a financially sound decision because I can easily bring the rest home to use...but for some reason I feel like those things CAN'T be good for your washer and dryer!

This will allow us to pack less because we can do laundry easily and for free while there.

I also borrowed some Cascade dishwasher capsules from my mom for the same reason...well, I didn't borrow them I guess...I TOOK them...or she GAVE them to me :)

Lastly for money Monday I have to say I'm SUPER GRATEFUL for a student and his family for scoring us 3 FREE Universal Tickets!! That rocks! It saved us $300! Thanks guys!

I have been feeling so overwhelmed and stressed lately, so thinking about vacation is moving me a long. If you think about it, please say a prayer for good health and safe travel for us, as well as good weather and a refreshing time away. We really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts