Monday, November 16, 2009

Money Monday

Ok, I'm SO into Christmas this year.

I don't know if it's the nice weather, the vacation I'm looking forward to, or being debt free.

I just want to buy gifts!!

I like to stay somewhat inexpensive, but still give cool gifts. I feel like I can never do both though.

I think I might make some homemade granola for Hannah's teachers and put it in pretty tins. What do you think about that? I LOVE homemade granola!

If you have kids in school and feel like you want to do something but not break the bank, stay simple and practical.

Most teachers prefer gift cards according to a poll in Parent's Magazine.

So, here are some ideas for you that DO NOT involve candles or lotion!

A small gift card to Starbucks/Bookstore/Coffee Shop/Holcombs etc (it could even be $5 or $10 with a nice note attached)

A little movie basket with a couple movie tickets/popcorn/candy

You could go in with other moms and pitch in for a larger gift card to a restaurant or a massage.

Make baked goods! Even opt for something along the healthier side - like granola or bran muffins.

Make a little recipe book of your favorite appetizer, entree, dessert, finger food, dip...etc.

Any other ideas?

Stay practical when you go inexpensive. People appreciate something they can USE over something that  looks like it came from the dollar bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts