Saturday, November 21, 2009

Scrumptious Saturday - Puppy Chow/Mudpuppies

So I bought the stuff to make Puppy Chow or Mudpuppies.

After making it with my family Matt asked me why I've never made it before...He quickly realized the answer to his question as we all started eating like hungry puppies!

But it's delicious and anyone with any taste can't get enough! This is a great little gift to bring to Holiday Gatherings. It's inexpensive, easy, and a crown pleaser!

Please remember those with peanut allergies when deciding to make this.

Ingredients:
9 cups of Chex cereal (I used rice)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c powdered sugar

Measure out Chex in a large bowl and set aside

Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds more until smooth. Add in vanilla.

Pour mixture over Chex and stir until evenly coated.

Pour into a large zip top bag and add powdered sugar. Shake until evenly coated.

Spread out onto wax paper to cool before storing in an airtight container. (I didn't have wax paper so I skipped this step and it was fine).

Lastly, make yourself fat by eating the entire batch before sharing with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts