Sunday, November 15, 2009

Spiritual Sunday -Being Thankful 2

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

After reading this short blog today, I'd like you to close your eyes. After taking a deep breath or two, I want you to think about the burdens on your heart. We all have them...family, illness, finances, life decisions, loneliness, depression, etc. Then I want you to recite this verse slowly.

THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH AND MY SHIELD...visualize his protection surrounding you. Let your heart trust in him as the verse so beautifully reads. I AM HELPED.

Be comforted today. Be thankful that the Lord protects and cares for you. You are not alone and help is as close as your next breath.

Give thanks to him today in song. Get one of those old worship songs stuck in your head and praise him for his love for you, for his promises, and for loving us when we daily fail him.

Be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts