Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Tis the month of being thankful.

Every time I'm cranky and have to write a thankful thursday post, it's impossible NOT to come up with a long list of things I'm thankful for, thus improving my mood.

I think focusing on thankfulness is an important part of enjoying the life we've been blessed with. It is what you make it. I want Thursdays in November to give you an opportunity to reflect on the blessings in your life, so I'm going to suggest some exercises you can do to boost the spirit of thankfulness for you personally.

Feeling gratitude boosts your mood almost 100% of the time. It gives you more energy during the day and better sleep at night.

Today, (or tonight since I'm late posting) I want you to jot down a list of what you're thankful for. Maybe you've had a yucky day and you're tired, but try really hard. Go ahead and list your family first but then dig deep. Once you get started you'll be surprised at how awesome your life is. Don't forget the little things because they make up the big things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts