Monday, December 21, 2009

Money Monday - I found money!

I'm very excited!

I thought I had budgeted well for vacation. A chunk of money from November's budget was set aside, and a smaller chunk from December's budget.

Stay with me, this is confusing.

I use Quicken to budget monthly, and adjust a new budget at the beginning of each month.

We went on vacation and I thought I had $1700 set aside. $1000 from November's budget and $700 from December's.

Well, when we got home, my budget read that there was only $700 budgeted (I wasn't realizing that the $1000 from November was just sitting in the account.) We spent $1200 the week we were in Disney so I just adjusted the budget and pouted a little.

Later I couldn't figure out why there was so much more money in the checking than we had left to spend for the month...and then it clicked!

I'm very excited, because this will allow us to reach our year-end goal in our savings account by the end of the year. That doesn't mean our emergency fund is complete, but it's where we wanted to be by the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts