Sunday, December 13, 2009

Spiritual Sunday - Rejoice

1 Chronicles 16:31

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, "The Lord Reigns."

Wow, what a great week. It's so weird to be back from Disney World in the frigid temperatures of Pittsburgh, looking at the mistakes I made in the budget, emptying spoiled food from the fridge, paying bills, meal planning and wading through hundreds of emails.

Can I just say WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I did NOT want to leave vacation! I wanted to stay another week.

But I will rejoice. I am so grateful and thankful to God for BLESSING us with the opportunity to get away on the vacation of a lifetime.  There are so many things I want to tell you all but it must wait until I can upload the fantastic pictures!

God is good. I felt his hand of protection upon my family all week. He filled us with his joy, rest, and peace, and for that I praise him.

To illustrate his protection; a story. I hate flying. I've avoided many trips with various excuses in order to keep my feet planted firmly on the ground. But, when we decided to take this trip, I decided I had to give up my fears. I've really been working on trusting God to protect my family and me and this was the perfect opportunity to see if I've progressed at all.

I did pretty well. Hannah, for some reason, was terrified, so having to pretend I was perfectly calm while reading her a book during takeoff was what I needed. I did pause for a deep breath or two. Our flights to Orlando were without incident...but returning to Pittsburgh was a different story.

We had a layover in Atlanta and the weather was a bit rough. Without any warning or consoling from the pilot the plane was violently jerking, swaying, and deeply dipping. At one point I shrieked out loud in fear. It made me even more nervous to see concern in Matt's eyes. A seasoned flyer, he said it was the worst flight he's ever been on. Once making it through the bumpiness, the landing was awful. The wings jerked quickly back and forth and I'm just going to say...I was freaking out.

The flight crew reminded me of Moe, Larry, and Curly, and the pilot never came on to let us know we were going to hit some rough turbulence or to even acknowledge the aggressive ride - something I think should be an obvious courtesy when thousands of feet in the air with a nervous flier such as myself.

Our flight from Atlanta to Pittsburgh wasn't as bumpy, but the pilot came on to keep us posted on the conditions to expect, which is much less nerve wracking to me!!

So, for this and many other things over this past week, I rejoice in my God, my Savior for his blessings.

Something funny - Random guy on airplane screaming himself awake throughout the flight. Matt and I were in tears with laughter while Hannah yelled loud enough for the guy to hear "WHAT'S SO FUNNY??"

Love to all! Rejoice today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts