Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Serving Together

I'm so thankful to be able to serve with my family.

I have always wanted Hannah to feel comfortable volunteering in hospitals and nursing homes and this is the first year she's actually been able to participate with us.

Each year we take the student ministry to Presents for Patients. We bring residents without families gifts and spend time with them.

This year was AWESOME. Our kids did amazing. Not only did they spend time with their resident, but they made their way around the whole place spreading Christmas cheer!


Here's my little girl. This woman kept fixing Hannah's hair and Minnie Mouse ears. Hannah made her way around asking people's names and responded to their questions almost inaudibly. She didn't even show fear when one toothless woman told her she was going to take her away from me to come live with her. Ha!

What a sweet, beautiful, compassionate little girl I have. I hope she continues to blossom into the fantastic little lady she is now...even if she is a little feisty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts