Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best Granola Ever & Simple and Delicious Teacher Gift

I made home made granola for Hannah's teachers for Christmas.

I figured it's healthier (somewhat) than cookies and it looks so cute in the little "chinese food" boxes I put them in.

I included the recipe, since it's completely adapted by me and I really do love it!

Here it is for you too!

Granola Cereal
6 cups gluten free quick oats
1 stick butter
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup golden raisins

(the above ingredients are COMPLETELY adaptable and take substitutes well!)

Melt butter with oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add honey and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves  and then stir in cinnamon. Turn off heat and stir in oats. Spread mixture evenly between two ungreased cookie sheets and press down. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes (you really have to adapt this to your oven) or until toasty brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pans before breaking up into an airtight container or zip top baggie. Add in raisins and almonds and mix.

Enjoy dry or with milk!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so making this! But I think I will add craisins since I am in love with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts